My Montserrat Retreat and Instagram Takeover!

Montserrat Retreat at the Joyce Contemplative Center

For my Montserrat, which is Reading the Self, we had to partake in a retreat night at the Joyce Contemplative Center. I was excited to go and hang out with some of my friends! We boarded a bus and headed over to the JCC. It was beautiful. I had been there before, but I had not participated in a retreat there. We underwent a spiritual exercise during which we had to reflect on our time at Holy Cross so far. We reflected on our experiences, classmates, and professors. I felt hopeful after reflecting on so many positive facets that I have had the opportunity of experiencing since attending Holy Cross in the fall.

After that, we participated in a forty-five minute yoga session. Now, I am not a yoga person. I do not usually have the patience for it, and I can never relax enough to truly take away the meaningful vision that yoga encompasses. However, this time, I was able to stay present and in the moment during the yoga class. I even almost fell asleep. While I was not the best at the moves, I relaxed and felt at ease as I focused on my breathing and recollected my thoughts.

We ate dinner then, and the food was incredible! Everyone shared laughs, and we got to know our classmates in a different setting.

Instagram Takeover

I also had the opportunity to take over the Holy Cross Instagram this past week! I was so nervous at first because I did not know if people would like what I did in a day, but I stayed true to myself and reflected my authentic personality. It was so much fun! I ate dinner at Crossroads, went to the Science Library, and even visited Cool Beans and the Lobby Shop. It was a joyful experience, and I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to showcase a glimpse of life at Holy Cross.