Chipotle For the Kids!

For the Kids.

The motto that prevails throughout campus. I am the Co-Director of Fundraising for Working for Worcester, a non-profit that gives back to the city through various infrastructural developments in the community. Our target audience is organizations that benefit children, in particular. Working for Worcester is a great organization that was founded by two Holy Cross students in 2012, and it has grown substantially to reinvest $2 million to the city of Worcester.

As part of our fundraising efforts, we have an annual Chipotle fundraiser in which students can use a special code and donate to the great cause of helping the children. I am always looking for an excuse to get Chipotle, and I was so excited to donate to an initiative with a great purpose and mission.

My friends and I went to Chipotle on the day of the fundraiser, and it was swarmed with students who were donating to Working for Worcester! It was great to see the college community rally together and support the children! I felt proud and happy to be a part of such a great program that has an even greater impact on the community, and I cannot wait for Build Day, the day in which we actually perform the developments at various sites!

Here is a pic of the management team at one of the playgrounds we built!